Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Guidance

I really am struggling to keep my 17yo in school. He just doesn't go. I have tried a lot of techniques but don't seem to get anywhere under my own strength and authority. It feels like an impossible battle EVERYDAY. Lord please I know that with your power and strength he can turn around this behavior. Give me the wisdom to know when to let go, when to discipline, when to let him accept the natural consequences for this behavior and when to impose additional consequences. Help me to know how to counsel him and guide him to motivate him without discouraging him and most of all Lord surround him with your host of angels and give him Your Spirit to guide him to do what is right and pleasing for you. In Jesus Name, Amen.

3 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Kimberly Brixey said...

Update on 17 yo, now 18yo, and school. Almost kicked out permanently for non-attendance, I set up a meeting and was able to have him reinstated. He got a job and realized that in order to move up in his field of choice a High School Diploma would be helpful. He said, fear of getting kicked out helps him get out of bed in the morning.
Thank you, Lord, for helping my son and for letting me know that he is still communicating with you personally. I am glad he asked you to help him get this job and I continue to ask that you would continue to draw him close to you in all that he does. Please keep him motivated and in school and encourage him with progress in his classes (especially in shop-- where he is struggling right now). Amen.

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Patty said...

I'm praying for him as well, Kim. As you know, we both have children that struggle with life in a way most of us can't even fathom. Thankfully, my daughter is grown, but I can still empathize with the challenge. God bless you in this, Kim.

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Patty said...

"I pray that, according to the riches of his glory, He may grant that you be strengthened in your inner being with power through His Spirit, and that Christ my dwell in your hearts through faith, as you are being rooted and grounded in love." Ephesians 3:16-17.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home